TFG Buffalo Mac & Cheese
You can’t go wrong with cheese, bacon, and caramelized onions in our spicy Mac & Cheese. Our Howlin’ Good Hot Sauce is the perfect complement to this awesome dish. It has that perfect blend of smoky, spicy, cheesy goodness. You probably shouldn’t eat three or four helping, but it will be hard not to!
We added some of our delicious Pickled Jalapenos on top as a garnish. That made it even better!
- 1 lb Elbow macaroni
- ½ lb Bacon
- 2 cup Onions, chopped (2 large)
- 2 tbl Olive oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Thyme
- 4 tbl Butter (1/2 stick)
- ½ cup AP Flour
- 8 oz Shredded Cheese (cheddar, American, or mixed)
- 3 cup Milk
- ½ cup Bread crumbs
- ½ btl Town Farm Gardens Howlin’ Good Hot Sauce
- To taste Town Farm Gardens Pickled Jalapenos.
- Spread bacon on baking sheet and place in preheated 350 deg oven until crispy (about 15 min).
- Remove from oven, cool and chop. Reserve ¼ of bacon.
- Cook macaroni to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In large Dutch oven or pot, add olive oil, thyme, and onions. Sauté until soft and starting to caramelize (about 10 min).
- Remove onions and set aside. Add butter to dutch oven and allow to melt. Slowly add flour, stirring constantly. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring.
- Slowly add milk, stirring to remove any lumps.
- Add cheese and stir to combine. Heat until cheese is melted.
- Add Town Farm Gardens Hot Sauce. Stir to combine.
- Add cooked macaroni and bacon. Stir to combine.
- Sprinkle bread crumbs over the top of mixture. Sprinkle reserved bacon.
- Cook in preheated 350 deg oven for 40-45 minutes.
- Serve hot. Add Town Farm Gardens Pickled Jalapenos to top as garnish, to taste.